4.11.2007

Is Smush Bush then?


Kobe just blew your mind:

BRYANT CONCEDES

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was asked if he's pulling himself out of the running for Most Valuable Player.

"Yeah," Bryant said. "I'm Al Gore-ing myself."

Bryant, who was getting some support for MVP after a March scoring spree, doesn't believe the Lakers (40-38) have a good enough record for him to be considered.

"I don't think so," Bryant said. "I'd like to one day be fortunate enough to win the MVP and be on a team that has one of the best records in the NBA to do so."
Thanks to SC for sending me this. Is he "giving up" like Al Gore, or is saying he's been railroaded like Gore? I personally think he's saying he's not interested, but secretly wants to be wooed into the race as the obvious solid choice against the inevitable and the still unproven. You know what I'm saying!

Speaking of Los Angeles and tortured connections, the LA Times has a nice article about the you-are-here.com guy. He's a German engineer who spends his vacation time visiting LA, taking architecture photos around town, and putting them on the web. Check out the site, seriously it's really cool. Except for his leaving out Little Aremenia, what's up with that?!